LaGrange Cemetery
LaGrange Township, Lorain County, Ohio

Copied from Lorain County's out-of-print publication, Cemetery Inscriptions of Lorain County, Ohio 1980.

Burial records for LaGrange Cemetery: Contact George at the LaGrange Township Garage, 440-355-5141 or write to George Klocek, PO Box 362 LaGrange OH 44050.

Located on the north side of SR 303 just west of SR 301, this was the first cemetery laid out in the township. The first burial was of a child of Lewis Rounds, but the oldest burial recorded is that of Samuel Cross in 1818 at age 16. In 1890 an addition was made when William B. and Mary Elliott sold to the township and to the village of LaGrange, for cemetery purposes, part of Lot #45 located in the village for $636.00 for three acres. One half of that was reserved for a monument for soldiers.

All photos from this cemetery have been taken by Kathy Gies and Dixie Oakes unless otherwise stated.

Page 1

Page 2

Return to Lorain County Cemetery Main Page
[an error occurred while processing this directive]